v2.0 will not connect to Live 6.31

post here topics for the iOS app only

Re: v2.0 will not connect to Live 6.31

Postby DHoude » 20 October 2012, 01:59

So I tested with the old version of Live Moble 1.1 on IOS 5.1.1 (wife did not update her ipod touch) and it works with SX 6.31. When I updated that ipod to Live Mobile 2, I get the same issues as with my IOS 6 ipad. The connect button presses and does not say "connecting" and it just stays on that first screen and does not connect.

So SX 6.31 works with either OS and the old 1.1 live mobile. The new live mobile "connect" button appears to be the issue. Good news is, that should be a simple fix. I hope...
DHoude

Postby DHoude » 20 October 2012, 14:44

Just for the sake of testing, I just installed Live mobile 1.1 on my IOS 6 ipad and it connected and controls SX 6.31. Thank God for backups!
DHoude

Postby leemanpa » 22 October 2012, 15:46

Same problem.. Any status on fix? Cannot revert to 1.1
leemanpa

Postby support » 24 October 2012, 07:02

FYI
Our biggest problem is everything works well with our development tools.
The MacOS iphone simulator (the official Apple iphone simulator that all developpers use to create apps) works well with Live_Mobile 2.0.
So not easy to fix a problem we can not reproduce with the MacOS iphone simulator.
Moreover, we had to manage LDI tradeshow (Las-Vegas USA).
Now LDI is over and whole team is back to office and fully focused on this problem.

Unfortunately, officially it is not allowed to come back to previous version of Live_Mobile.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DHoude » 24 October 2012, 23:11

is there a debug or anything I can help with? I do some software project management myself. I have a few different IOSs available, Live mobile old and new (I can down and upgrade all day long) and a goto meeting account for video incase you wish to see it for yourself.

about the only thing I can't do is debug what the software is actually doing internal to the iPad when I hit the connect button. We know from above that the network request is not being sent. The button does press, but does not say connecting. I would be interested in seeing what the iPad thinks it is saying.

The question I have is, when Live Mobile says "connecting", does it only say that when it sees the desktop Live app and is in process of downloading it's button config? Or does Live Mobile say "connecting" when it is sending the command to connect? Either of those questions could indicate where the problem code might be.
Last edited by DHoude on 24 October 2012, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
DHoude

Postby DHoude » 24 October 2012, 23:37

So, it looks like the Apple store offers a log viewer. I upgraded to the new 2.0 Live Mobile and tried to connect a few times. I am not getting anything related to Live Mobile in my logs. That being said, my developers often enable logging to debug a problem. If we can get some error logging on Live mobile, I can now view and send it.

Also, I know how to find my UDID identifier (which I can PM) for beta invites. IOS is not my field but I learn fast and mobile architecture is.
DHoude

Postby support » 26 October 2012, 07:13

Thank you for your proposed help DHoude.
We will come back to you if needed help.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby support » 31 October 2012, 09:16

After deep research, here is our report:
- the app works well with Apple iphone simulator
- the app works well when uploaded in our "test device" iphone (our iphone is declared as "test device" to Apple, so we can directly upload the app in it via iTunes)
- the app does not work when uploaded via AppStore

FYI, "app publishing" works like this:
- we submit the app and we send the binary file to Apple
- when Apple accepts the app (takes usually a small week), he publish the binary file in AppStore

Our conclusion is:
For an unknown reason, the binary file in AppStore is different than our original submitted binary file.

So we did:
- we upgraded with new ios sdk (it was ios5 when we published, and now there is ios6)
- we compiled again the app
- we checked it works well on simulator and with our "test devices"
- we published it

Now, we are waiting for the Apple approval. As soon as the new app is available in AppStore, we will check it, and we will inform you.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: v2.0 will not connect to Live 6.31 Mac & iPad

Postby MG Concepts » 01 November 2012, 07:31

Could someone please send me the old version of Live_Mobile App please in my E-Mail so i can reset this thing, it's driving me nuts

thanks
Guido
MG Concepts Lighting
mgconceptstt@gmail.com
MG Concepts

Postby ericwoodland » 01 November 2012, 15:45

Thanks for the quickness. Can't say I've ever known Apple to modify the binary during their vetting process, until now.
ericwoodland

PreviousNext

Return to iOS (iPhone, iPad)