Make your Windows 7 laptop into a wifi access point

remote control for the section "Live" of the software

Make your Windows 7 laptop into a wifi access point

Postby socalmagic » 25 April 2011, 20:22

I wanted to share that I was able to set-up a direct connection bewteen my Android phone and a Windows 7 laptop. I installed a program called Connectify that turns your laptop's wireless card into an access point. I have Connectify set to share without an internet connection. It took a little trial and error with the IP address to get it working. I reccomend turning off the connection to your normal wireless network until you get it working.
socalmagic

live mobile connectify

Postby pogjack » 26 April 2011, 01:29

couldn't find the topic so started a new one. I just read the guy who put about using connectify on Windows 7. [moved]
Just installed and set it up(just click on easy setup and it walks you through takes about 1 minute). Works great. No hesitation on buttons. If you use it, to find the correct IP address for Live_Mobile;

Rt click on internet Icon on toolbar below rt.
select <Open Network and Sharing Center
select <wireless Network Connection 2 (that what it named my connectify connection
select < details

I used the IPv4 address and it connected right up.

Remember I believe it only works on Windows 7 though. Good Luck and thanks to the one who mentioned it.
pogjack

Re: Direct connection between phone and Windows

Postby support » 26 April 2011, 07:15

Thank you for this notice.
This is effectively very useful for Windows (MacOS has the hotspot ability).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Make your Windows 7 laptop into a wifi access point

Postby chris68 » 09 August 2012, 13:44

Connectify and Live_Mobile does not work... I checked SSIDs, passwords, IP-Adresses, Ports...
Do you use the connectify free or pro version?
Without Connectify it's working over a normal WLAN Router, but there is a delay about a half up to a few seconds, so a direct connection seems to be more helpfull.
Is there somebody having an idea?
System: Win7 | Sweetlight Software | D512 Interface | Live_Mobile on Nexus7
*english is not my native language*
chris68

Postby socalmagic » 12 September 2012, 01:25

I use an older basic version. I upgraded to the new version last November and it gave me problems, so I installed the old one. I can email it to you if you can't find it.
socalmagic

Postby chris68 » 17 January 2013, 01:27

I fixed this problem by using a W-LAN Router and another mobile phone (samsung galaxy s2). There is no more delay and good funktionality. I think this problem had been caused by the old mobile phone (motorola milestone 2). The problem with the connectify software is probably caused by the ThinkPad software "Access Connections". For that I didn't find a solution. So far... Thanks for the support
System: Win7 | Sweetlight Software | D512 Interface | Live_Mobile on Nexus7
*english is not my native language*
chris68

Return to General