Wishlist

tell us about your experience with our product

Wishlist

Postby nicklmao » 29 March 2018, 13:27

Feedback - I like this software, particularly the 3D view which means I can program approximately without blinding myself :-D

Wishlist - I would love it if it was possible to record a live show as "tracks" into the timeline, which could then be edited and replayed later. Eg. Press "record" on timeline, then use buttons to manually select scenes etc in time to the music already in the timeline - A bit like recording in a DAW. This would make it super easy to program shows!

Some enhancements to the timeline window would help too, such as mouse scroll wheel to zoom, space bar to play, loop an area of playback, markers etc etc Also if you could click to position the "playhead" cursor on the timeline instead of having to click and drag

Edit: I see we already have spacebar to play already but it works only sometimes. Weird.
Last edited by nicklmao on 31 March 2018, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
nicklmao

Re: Wishlist

Postby Luc Henrion » 29 March 2018, 14:02

Great idea but you could already achieve this, as you say, with a little help from a (MIDI) DAW. Assign a MIDI output to each live button and record everything as a MIDI sequence. You could even do it inside the same computer thru a "MIDI loop", and even change the tempo within the MIDI sequence. EZ.
Luc Henrion

Postby nicklmao » 29 March 2018, 14:32

Now THAT's food for thought! Thank you, Luc.

What I would like to do ideally is record to a timeline, which I can then tweak later, and then assign that timeline to a button for live use :-)
nicklmao

Postby SeekLighting » 29 March 2018, 22:59

+1 for Nick's timeline enhancements :)
SeekLighting

Return to Feedback from users