Pro tools MIDI [moved]

only for things which concern both Buttons and Timeline

Pro tools MIDI [moved]

Postby sercher » 23 May 2011, 16:52

Good day, I'm new to this in the programming of the lighting via computer, and my interest is to know if I can get my sync via midi lighting presets with a session of audio pro tools, can send orders via midi to "cable" interface? or I have to synchronize with the sweetlight. Can i create a midi channel in my daw (pro tools) and sweetlight obey the orders and so my audio sync with the lighting?

thanks for your time
sercher

Re: Pro tools MIDI [moved]

Postby tomrbland » 24 May 2011, 11:23

The Sweetlight software does accept midi triggering. So yes you can make it accept midi signals from protools. But it won't see the Midi "internally" it will only see it if it is being fed in to the computer.
tomrbland

Re: Pro tools MIDI [moved]

Postby Arjan » 20 June 2011, 14:29

sercher wrote:Good day, I'm new to this in the programming of the lighting via computer, and my interest is to know if I can get my sync via midi lighting presets with a session of audio pro tools, can send orders via midi to "cable" interface? or I have to synchronize with the sweetlight. Can i create a midi channel in my daw (pro tools) and sweetlight obey the orders and so my audio sync with the lighting?

thanks for your time

I realize this is an old post, but I use a free utility called MIDI Yoke to connect my own software to SweetLight/ShowXpress internally with no need for a physical MIDI interface or cables.
Arjan

Return to General