Problem saving or adjusting settings of macro buttons.

only for things which concern both Buttons and Timeline

Re: Problem saving or adjusting settings of macro buttons.

Postby DJMysticist » 08 April 2014, 20:38

Pink LD wrote:You are correct. I did the same process as you and got the same result.
What an odd little bug.
I'm going to go try it in the Beta V7.

Hahaha yeah It's not that big of a deal unless you have 300 scene buttons with an @ symbol in them like I did.
DJMysticist

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:40

So I don't have a solution but I do have a confirmation that this odd little bug does happen as you describe in both V6 and Alpha 1 V7.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:49

Oh I know what you mean I am preset heavy with every fixture and all of its features and then almost entirely Macros for the show. I have one show that covers 4 albums and a dozen other hits of Pink Floyd. 100 pages, 1000+ scenes. So a quirk like this could throw me into absolute chaos.
My biggest challenge is when I modify a Preset. The button no longer responds to any Macro it was assigned to.
So if I make changes to Presets, I make a new button. Then I go through the entire lighting programming to see what the old button is doing, make the new button do that and then update each Macro accordingly. It is quite a process.
Usually I make a new page of all the new buttons, put up the old page and slog my way through the 50 odd performance show pages.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:56

Perhaps a better way would be to have preset buttons always consider 255 steps and then I highlight/mark off which of the 255 steps I wish to use. So if I want a slow, medium and fast strobe I just tell the preset I only need the appropriate DMX values in my Preset. Say 178, 185, and 199.
So if I later go and add a mid-speed strobe at 190, my Macros still are linked to the original values, and all I have to do is update the old macros I wish to have the new value.

As it is, if you change file of a button/preset that was linked to a Macro, that change will no longer be linked to that Macro. It can be a real pain at times.
Pink LD

Previous

Return to General