Problem saving or adjusting settings of macro buttons.

only for things which concern both Buttons and Timeline

Problem saving or adjusting settings of macro buttons.

Postby DJMysticist » 07 April 2014, 19:00

I put in a valiant effort to check if this has already been asked as not to double up the forum.

So this just started happening and I can't tell if it's a bug or I am overlooking something basic,
When I create a macro button everything will be working fine via 3D. Ill save buttons, exit the program and when I return certain parts of the button will not have been saved...

Example, I have a macro that puts 2 heads to a location, it also engages a some led bars. Everything working good till I exit, when I return the heads will still be functioning within the Macro but the led bars will not. The button for the led bars that under normal circumstances would engage with the press of the Macro button wont even light up.

I guess I'm just scratching my head on this, I got a huge live show coming up soon and this is killing my progress. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DJMysticist

Re: Problem saving or adjusting settings of macro buttons.

Postby DJMysticist » 07 April 2014, 19:20

I actually think I just discovered what is causing this.

I don't know if this is a global problem, but if I put the character( @ ) within the title of the button a macro button wont save it.

Renaming all my buttons and removing that character has fixed the issue.
DJMysticist

Postby support » 07 April 2014, 20:50

Noted, but we just made a test and we saw no problem with names having a "@" !
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 00:35

Be sure to use the Save function when creating Macros or other buttons, or moving buttons around in Live. A sudden power loss or shutting down of Live will revert the buttons to previous save or opening of the programme.
Pink LD

Postby DJMysticist » 08 April 2014, 20:01

support wrote:Noted, but we just made a test and we saw no problem with names having a "@" !

I'm not sure why it would only be effecting me at the moment, its not that big of a deal to work around the issue. I made a screen recording showing the problem if it helps at all. I'm running the most recent updated version on Windows 7 64bit.

http://www.msaldj.com/macro.wmv

^^^ I apologize for the video quality, I just went with the first screen recorder I could find but you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.
DJMysticist

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:13

Ok. I do see that you are saving your buttons. The only thing I did not see in the video is that you did not update the Macro after the insertion of the @ symbol. Yes I saw the Macro was working before exited and returned to the programme.
But that was the only variance I saw.
Pink LD

Postby DJMysticist » 08 April 2014, 20:16

Pink LD wrote:Ok. I do see that you are saving your buttons. The only thing I did not see in the video is that you did not update the Macro after the insertion of the @ symbol. Yes I saw the Macro was working before exited and returned to the programme.
But that was the only variance I saw.

Went through the cycle again just to make sure with an emphasis on "Update Macro" and still same results. Maybe Ill just try reinstalling the software.
DJMysticist

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:18

Ok. I'm going to try it myself and see what results I get.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:23

You are correct. I did the same process as you and got the same result.
What an odd little bug.
I'm going to go try it in the Beta V7.
Pink LD

Postby Pink LD » 08 April 2014, 20:27

Same problem in V7. I noticed a couple things while doing it in V7 I will open a separate thread for.
Pink LD

Next

Return to General