LIVE midi triggering with NI Machine

only for things which concern both Buttons and Timeline

LIVE midi triggering with NI Machine

Postby kcjeepman » 09 January 2013, 20:30

I'm not sure if this is really a LIVE issue, but I'm hoping someone with a little more experience than me can point me in the right direction.

I'm using the NI Machine controller in MIDI mode to trigger my LIVE buttons. It works GREAT - 8 pages of 16 buttons + the extra buttons. I can set the Machine controller to send whatever MIDI message I want, right now I am using a NOTE trigger. The problem I have is I cant get the button to stay lit when it sends the information. The screen shows it's triggered and the midi message is received because it activates the button scene. The issue appears to be with the TYPE I think that Machine is set to. I have used GATE, TOGGLE and TRIGGER, but I can't get the light to stay on in anything but TOGGLE and then it goes a bit crazy - the button sends midi data on the first press and lights the button, turns off the button on the second press but does not send any MIDI data (because you have to select either UP or DOWN for the action, then you have the light come on the third press (which send the OFF) and so on.

That all said, it's the only time I can get the button to stay on - the other type just light while they are being pressed.

Any ideas on this. I can always look at the screen, but I'd like to have the visual feedback on the controller.

Many Thanks!
kcjeepman

Re: LIVE midi triggering with NI Machine

Postby support » 10 January 2013, 08:18

Sorry but Live presently just receives midi messages, and it does not send any.
This means it can not control any light of the midi device.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: LIVE midi triggering with NI Machine

Postby support » 23 April 2014, 18:22

Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=3010
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General