Live Issues with a Lightshow

the second tab of Live, with timelines

Live Issues with a Lightshow

Postby JPWDW » 11 May 2010, 02:49

Hello fellow Showexpress users:

My name is JP. Im a graphics designer and Im studing lighting design on the university. I have a project where I have to re-create a show in DMX lights using a digital program; I chose Showexpress. Its realible, easy to use and fast to work on... But I have had several issues when working with the Live options.

When I make a timeline and I add the music (Im remaing the Fantasmic! Show at Walt Disney World Resort), and more than one light scenes; after a few minutes of playing the show in the 3D option, the lights becomes to be delayed (and I know they're delayed, cause i have tested them one by one in the same timeline with the same music and they work just fine) a few milliseconds first and then about 2 seconds in time. I know that for a normal light show its not a very big thing, but when were dealing here with showlights, it really has to be very accurate. And if in the very first 2 minutes it delays 2 sec or more, how much will it be delayed when I'm in minute 24?

Is there any way that I can fix this? Or maybe fix this bug a on a newer version.

Other issue that i have when working with Live and 3D mode is that sometimes the lights are supposed to be green or white (doesn't really matter the color), but they always come in blue... Why does this happen? And yes, I do have checked that their colors inst blue at all.

Well, thanks y'all. And keep on with the good work on Showexpress!
JP.
JPWDW

Re: Live Issues with a Lightshow

Postby support » 11 May 2010, 08:26

Could you make a basic timeline show where we could easily see the delay problem, and send it to us ?
Regarding the color problem, we have not enough details to help.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JPWDW » 11 May 2010, 21:49

Nervermind... I don't know why, but I when I was about to test the time line and the 3D view to send you a screen shot the scenes and the time line being delayed, they worked just fine... Funny, huh? Even the colors came the way the had to. BUT, I came across with another issue... For now, the time line consists of one song and 3 light scenes. Two of them did load and worked fine on the 3D View (those are, 2 Colorstrips and one Color dash) but a third scenes never loaded up, (its a Intimitador LED Scan). Why does this happens?

Ohh, and another thing... All scenes are in length 28mins, same as the song. When I play the time line from the very beginning, the scenes (except for the 3rd one) load and work fine. But when I try to play the time line after whatsoever its not the beginning, none of the scenes work. If I play for example, at minute 10:12 I should see some white lights on, but the only thing I can see/hear is the music. No lights on the 3D view, why?

Thanks again, and sorry for the misunderstanding in the first post... Sometimes beta versions I guess give this mistakes at times.
JP.

PS:
Tho whom may be interested. Our project consists in making a miniature version of the Fantasmic! Show. My job and work is to do the light show, the art school is in charge of the puppets, some engineers are designing the stage and the pyrotechnic school is on the design on a mini firework display and mini fireworks used on the show... We will be updating and making a new website www.fantasmicminiature.com. We hope you visit us,
Thanks.
JPWDW

Postby support » 12 May 2010, 08:49

We are not able to reproduce this problem.
Could you make a basic timeline show where we could easily see the delay problem, and send it to us ?
http://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203&sid=936680f3b73a18577c94fe76c4d24019
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby JPWDW » 12 May 2010, 23:25

Nahh, its cool. It has been very hard to explain my issue and I dont think a timeline sent to you will make any difference. Ill try to make a video to let you know what do I mean... But thanks anyway.
JPWDW

Return to TimeLine