maping 2 different audio tracks to 2 different output ports

the second tab of Live, with timelines

maping 2 different audio tracks to 2 different output ports

Postby razortongue1 » 16 June 2012, 21:33

Hello i was wondering if it is at all possible to Map 2 different audio tracks in the same timeline to 2 different outputs on my computer? I have my drummer playing to a click track in the live/timeline he hears it thru his headphone from audio output 1 on my computer running the light show. If we could have 2 audio tracks and simotainiously have them mapped where he can get the click in his headphones but at certain times he can also put in live audio samples that would be connected to the house PA from a second output on the computer that would not be playing the click track, however it would still be happening just coming thru the headphone output only to the drummer... Please respond with your thoughts if its possible or if u would consider adding this type of feature? Thanks!
razortongue1

Re: maping 2 different audio tracks to 2 different output ports

Postby support » 17 June 2012, 18:10

We presently use the basic Windows/MacOS media player, which is not able to do this.
We do not plan to add "multi audio tracks to multi audio outputs" in a near future.
Sorry for this.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby razortongue1 » 19 June 2012, 08:18

Would it be possible to use a more advanced media player that might be able to route different audio tracks to different outputs on a computer?
razortongue1

Postby support » 19 June 2012, 13:10

No, this is not possible.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby pogjack » 27 June 2012, 02:29

Does a stereo mix not work for you. We use it at my church for drummer and front of house. One mix but click on left channel and other music on right channel. I separate them in the board and send to where i need. Works like a charm.
pogjack

Postby Pink LD » 03 July 2012, 02:15

I do the same as pogjack and it works like a treat. Been doing this for years. We used to use two keyboards, then went to 1, then went to an iPod split to two DI's and now I track the audio on timeline and split left and right to two DI's. I hope that helps.
Pink LD

Postby benfnjovi » 01 October 2012, 20:23

Has anyone tried building the tracks as a surround sound type mix (3.1 or 5.1) and using it on timeline that way... say for instance using a surround sound capable recording software to export the file to its proper surround channels and using the front left and right for a stereo backing track and the sub channel or one of the other available for the click... would a pc with a surround sound audio card handle the separate sends properly that way?
benfnjovi

Return to TimeLine