Chauvet - dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack

ask here the fixture profile you need for Editor

Chauvet - dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack

Postby martinp » 04 February 2013, 19:24

Hi can anyone help me out with a profile for this fixture in show express?
Chauvet dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack
many thanks martin
martinp

Re: Chauvet dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack profile show express....

Postby JohnRichards » 04 February 2013, 21:31

The profiles are in \Program files\ShowXpress\Fixtures\Chauvet\Dj, but it is better to setup 4* parcans for this.
John
JohnRichards

Re: Chauvet - dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack

Postby bman93 » 28 February 2021, 16:16

I am an absolute newb. I cannot find a profile for the Chauvet DJ DMX-4 in the Showxpress software or the program folder (aside from an image of the fixture). I am not sure what is meant by "use 4 Pars". What profile would I use for the Pars?

Thanks!
bman93

Re: Chauvet - dmx 4 dimmer/relay pack

Postby SeekLighting » 01 March 2021, 02:09

Hey mate,

What the previous poster means is that it's better to patch four individual parcan fixtures, rather than the dimmer pack itself.

The reason to do this, is that the four parcans will appear in the 3D View as individual lights that you can use to replicate your physical setup. The fixtures you are running off of your dimmer pack may not necessarily be parcans per se, but it is likely they are some kind of similar conventional fixture.

To patch a parcan, select it under the category "~generic", right at the bottom of the list. Under that category, select the fixture "parcan_old", and patch 4 fixtures at the same address as your dimmer pack.

For example. if your dimmer pack is addressed to DMX Address 1, you would patch 4 parcans starting from DMX Address 1. These would therefore be addressed to 1,2,3 and 4 respectively.

If your dimmer pack was addressed to 121, you would instead be patching parcans at 121, 122, 123 and 124.

This will give you the best outcome.

Let me know if you need any further help.
SeekLighting

Return to Fixture profile requirement for Editor