v7 vs v9 and D512s interface

v7 vs v9 and D512s interface

Postby James » 12 November 2022, 23:37

Hi, for my gigging I've been using v7 for a long time now.

My second backup DMX usb cable recently burnt out so was forced to purchase D512s interface.

Looks like there's no driver to run the D512s with version 7 as software refuses to detect interface.

I've looked into using later versions before, but have always encountered this issue.

Version 7 has always run perfectly on stage. My programmed beats etc. are perfectly insync with my WAV audio.

Tried latest software version 9 today, because of my new D512s interface.

It seems when I play my current show, it's slightly out of sync by about a second.

As an example with a beat of a drum I previously programmed a flash to be exactly in sync with my audio wav.

Now it's least half a beat out.

I have a very powerful PC i7 laptop with masses of memory etc.
Same thing happens with my powerful Desktop.

I don't fancy having to go through every song to shift everything slightly back to compensate as I have dozens of songs already programmed.

Appreciate any help on this.

Many thanks
James

Re: v7 vs v9 and D512s interface

Postby James » 13 November 2022, 19:37

Update,

As thought. with latest version.

If I set a Red marker position and press space within Timeline. my show plays fine (occasionally)
return to the Red marker position and press space within Timeline again and it now plays out of time, try again, still out of time, once more it's now in time

What is wrong here??? this is seriously stupid, how can I program a show when it keeps playing out of time randomly ???
James

Return to Trash