Intimidator Spot Duo - 2 Units and Head Alignment Issue

post here other topics

Intimidator Spot Duo - 2 Units and Head Alignment Issue

Postby TheStone » 26 August 2019, 05:31

I am supporting a church for free. They have two Intimidator Spot Duo units. One was repaired by replacing the two head controller boards and the dmx board and behaves differently than it's twin. I was told the different behavior started after the unit I replaced failed boards was previously sent out for a different repair, and now continues to boot up differently after a confirmed failed dmx board was replaced.

The issue is the non-repaired completely original hardware unit always boots correctly when zeroing the heads in the lower right position before power-up, but the repaired unit operates tilt differently and excessively thumps both head tilt motors like it is trying to rotate past the hard stop to reach zero but cannot and times out, and both heads finally come to rest lifted same angle up instead of down compared to the perfectly working twin unit. I have tried many things for hours to no avail. One observation is the displayed tilt and more specifically the rtilt function on the front display rotates in opposite direction between the two units. As far as I can tell with many hours of troubleshooting effort it *appears* like the tilt zero position is out by 180 degrees on the repaired unit. How is this possible?

My question is how do I get the repaired unit to boot up the same as it's non-repaired twin, where before power up the heads manually are rotated to the lower right pan and tilt stops, how to get both units behaving exactly the same and finishing boot sequence with all heads pointed center down?

[image]
TheStone

Re: Intimidator Spot Duo - 2 Units and Head Alignment Issue

Postby Allan » 26 August 2019, 13:25

Please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 762-1084, M-F, 9AM-5PM for assistance with this.
Allan Reiss
Senior Product Manager
CHAUVET DJ
Allan

Return to Other