ColorStrip: how to control in RGB mode ? [fixed]

post here other topics

ColorStrip: how to control in RGB mode ? [fixed]

Postby kirit1 » 03 January 2011, 20:39

Ooops...forgot the attach. earlier....here it is..
Using V6.25, I would like to create a test scene where Red, Green, and Blue (R,G,B) step thru 10 seconds each in DMX mode.
According to the COLORSTRIP manual, DMX channels 210(RGB Mode?), 211(R), 212(G), and 213(B) must be used.
When I "RUN" the program in the Editor, the Strip does light up, but colors change in some strange ways! I have attached screen shots of my software setup. The COLORSTRIP hardware was setup as per the manual (The control panel on the back of the COLORSTRIP displays 210). Specific questions I have are:

1. What are the functions and channel levels for DMX Ch. 210 (RGB)? Have I selected the correct function / level? (see attach).
2. In the Editor screen, why does it show CH# as 1,2,3,4 and not 210,211,212, and 213?
3. If I remove STEP 1 (RGB 10 sec), than the COLORSTRIP does not light-up at all while the scene is running. If I include this step in Run, than the COLORSTRIP does get activated while going thru different steps of the scene;just that those colors seem random (often, combinations of two or more colors) in each step
4. On the back of the COLORSTRIP , the control panel reads 210, and I have "saved" this DMX address as per the instructions in the manual. There is a Blue LED on the back of the COLORSTRIP which is continuously blinking, but is is not documented in the Manual. What is this Blue LED about?

Thank you for your help!

Kirit Patel
kirit1

Re: COLORSTRIP Scene Setup and Run

Postby tomrbland » 03 January 2011, 23:52

Hi Kirit, Thank you for your email.

Before I look at your attachment I think I should say this: Fixtures don't need to be set to a specific address. As long as the address that the console is trying to talk to the fixture on is the same channel as the one that the fixture is 'listening' to are the same then it should be fine. IE if you have your fixture set to receive on channel 1 (so for an RGB device this means R=1 G=2 B=3) then you need to make sure that the console end is talking to channels 1, 2 and 3.

Is the manual for the fixture online? I would like to see where it says this.
tomrbland

Postby kirit1 » 04 January 2011, 00:42

Hi Tom:

Thank you for the quick reply!

From the Users Manual (see link below), I interpreted that the controller needs to address the fixture beginning at DMX channel # 210, to use it in the RGB color Mix mode.

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... v02_UM.pdf

Heeding your suggestion, however, I temporarily modified the DMX Address from 210 to 1 in the ShowXPress Setup Software (but not in the actual COLORSTRIP hardware). When I ran the scene in Editor (or downloaded in the standalone mode), the COLORSTRIP does get activated, but the colors do not make sense! H..e..l..p..!
kirit1

Postby marco » 04 January 2011, 05:42

hi you mixed up the channels and the channel value
set youre colorstrip to dmxchannel 210 (not the software)
in you software adres is already there (screen shot)

in editor set fader 210 to value 210 (it sets the color strip to rgb mode)
the faders 211,212,213 control then rgb now
to get the rgb scene u want to make leave dmx channel 210 on value 210 and play with the other 3 faders

if you sent me an pm with youre msn name i explane it on msn
marco

Postby support » 04 January 2011, 07:49

We checked the PDF file.
Effectively, the first channel determines the functions of the following channels.
In order to have the red & green & blue functions for second & third & fourth channels, the first channel must be set to dmx level 210.
(see PDF file page 5: RGB mode)

PS: we move this topic in the ??? section, since this is not related to Editor.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: ColorStrip (RGB mode): Scene Setup and Run

Postby kirit1 » 04 January 2011, 19:34

Thank you all (Tom, Marco, Support) for quick feedback. Your feedback worked and it feels GREAT!

Sincerely,

Kirit Patel
kirit1

Return to Other