Moving head HELP!

post here other topics

Moving head HELP!

Postby HiredSound » 18 June 2018, 02:48

I have a simple light set up. 8 Simpars on the truss and 4 Blizzards on poles in the front to light club bands. I'm buying 2 or 4 moving heads, unsure yet. But I did buy one Chauvet 155 today to begin replacing some older scanners I was hanging on the truss. I can't for the life of me figure out how to programs meaningful movements in ShowXpress. I will eventually, hopefully. I cannot use any auto settings for bands. They might be fine for DJ,s but I need specific movements and all the light pointing only out front fro the truss.

My main question is, in ShowXpress, is there a way to manually control the movements to point the lights at a spot on the stage as a standard controller with X/Y sliders would do? And have that option available from the buttons page?

Thanks guys for your helpful replies I'm hoping to receive. ;)

www.HiredSound.com
HiredSound

Re: Moving head HELP!

Postby support » 18 June 2018, 08:57

The button page ("Live -> Buttons") contains only buttons.
It is possible to move separately each (or a group of) fixture(s) in the tab "Editor -> Steps". Just select the fixture (or the group) in "2DView" (at the right side of the tab "Fixtures"), and move them in the pan/tilt section.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Moving head HELP!

Postby HiredSound » 20 June 2018, 05:15

Returned the 155 and bought four 305 Scanners. I prefer the idea of them only being able to point out front to moving heads which require more planning to keep them pointed out front. Plus, I had the OLD 100 scanners and my truss is wired for them already. And the 305s are 60w LED and look pretty great. They'll work fine to add some excitement to the lighting. Hoping I can take full advantage of what they do from ShowXpress.
HiredSound

Return to Other