Same fixtures at same dmx address, with different behaviour

post here other topics

Same fixtures at same dmx address, with different behaviour

Postby CQE DJs » 05 November 2014, 15:01

So I have some Blizzard pucks I use to light up my trusses and American DJ Mega Go Bars to light up my front board.

All my pucks have the same address so those should be working together and all my ADJ bars have the same address so those should work together.

I made a scene where they slowly fade colors, but I noticed that 1 out of my 4 pucks is a little slower when changing thus being off and same with my ADJ Bars...1 out of the 3 is a little slow when changing.

Anyone experience this? Any way around it? They are all the same address so they shouldn't be doing anything differently. Thoughts?
CQE DJs

Re: LED Lighting Fade

Postby support » 05 November 2014, 22:42

So far, the couple dmx interface & PC software can not be the cause of this problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: Same fixtures at same dmx address, with different behavi

Postby Lighter007 » 06 November 2014, 18:37

In some fixtures you can select between different Dmx-Channel modes. Maybe you set the first on 6 Channel mode and the other ones on 7 Channel mode for example. Maybe thats the problem?
Greetings from Germany! :)
Lighter007

Postby CQE DJs » 06 November 2014, 18:39

Checked that already, they are all on the same.

Going to do some major testing out either next weekend or the following. Don't have time to do it any sooner. I'll update with my results but wanted to throw it out there first if someone had the same issue and knew of the cause/solution off the bat.
CQE DJs

Postby JohnRichards » 06 November 2014, 20:06

My suggestion is to go back to the basics, and plug one unit in at a time (on its own) and see if there are any changes.
Check all cables and terminators.
John
JohnRichards

Postby zkflow » 06 November 2014, 20:51

check if you have a DMX terminator. Or the cables have problems (another pin-out, or bad construction)
zkflow

Postby CQE DJs » 06 November 2014, 21:12

going to do all of that when I test plus a few additional things (factory reset fixtures) etc...
I did experience 1 bad DMX cable already that threw half my setup into a complete frenzy. got rid of that but haven't done thorough tests on everything yet.
CQE DJs

Postby zkflow » 12 November 2014, 13:57

typical problem... one little cable (or sometimes bad pin connection in conectors) ruins everything
zkflow

Return to Other