ControlBoard random Crash / Hang fixed xfactor disconnecting

usb to dmx (2003 - 2010)

ControlBoard random Crash / Hang fixed xfactor disconnecting

Postby HarvestChurch » 06 March 2011, 14:48

I thought it may help someone else if they are in the same situation.

I spent a great deal of time working on getting our lighting system ironed out. We have a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit, running ShowXpress 6.25 with BOX driver 1.04 and sometimes we can run fine for a few hours then randomly the X-Factor will go into standalone mode and the Control Board application locks and I have to kill the exe. I then downloaded the latest fix_for_windows.zip and replaced the Controlboard.exe file and the issue still exists, but it is hard to track down as I can't reproduce the issue at will.

After redoing all circuts, yes we also have an opto isolator...still happening. I tried to put together anything common that was happeneing each time and the only thing I could point to that was common was the movement of the mouse, no seriously. The mouse is the only other USB device on the system and I thought it may be worth trying a USB PCI card to get the xfactor off of the same USB bus. Sure enough that fixed it! We have been rock solid for > 1 month now and I am very glad I can put this problem to rest.
HarvestChurch

Re: ControlBoard random Crash / Hang fixed xfactor disconnecting

Postby support » 06 March 2011, 18:57

Thank you very much for this notification.
Right now, we do not really understand why, but here it is.
We keep your experience in mind.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Box