Lights turn off when they want to

usb to dmx (2003 - 2010)

Re: Lights turn off when they want to

Postby Henning » 21 October 2012, 07:49

@Support

Update on our previous conversations.
Since installing V6.30 of show express, we haven't encountered the problem again.

But we still have the problem of the lights flickering during use. What we have noticed is the following:
One of our fixtures is a 8 channel dimmerpack. If this dimmerpack is not set to 255, then the lights start flickering after n few seconds of use.

Any suggestions on how we can fix this? We only picked this up with the dimmerpack. If we run scenes that doesn't have the dimmerpack on at all, or at the full 255 value, then it is fine. Anything between that, it starts flickering.

thanks again
Henning

Postby muchorph » 02 December 2013, 19:57

Im having an issue that lights just so happen to turn off.
in my case I need to restart the program in a heart beat.
last night it did it about 4 times.
I decided to run the lights on auto.
I noticed that some people were having same issues- there was something about stand alone- what does this mean?
im running a mac with this but actually is running on Windows XP thru VMware..
please help.
I am using wireless transmitters on this- I also so notice that the hub port in wich the usb cable goes into it fits prettyloose.
is this norma.
I also never run power to it- I actually lost the power adapter for this- should I be concerned about this?

please let me know

jose
muchorph

Postby support » 02 December 2013, 21:37

Such problems are usually due to either "ground loop" problem, or lack of power for dmx output.
We suggest you to use a dmx isolator/booster.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby MUCHODJ » 04 February 2014, 07:19

Iwill try what you have replied on past posts, I will connect the BOX to the computer and use the power of computer to power the box.
In this case if the stand alone light comes on- does this mean that I should get the DMX isolator?
I just want my lights to stay on at all time.....
Also just to make sure- since Im running current update on the BOX this means that stand alone will not work on my system?

Thanks
Jose
MUCHODJ

Postby support » 04 February 2014, 07:37

StandAlone starts automatically after a few seconds without communication with the software (ControlBoard).

Optical isolator protects your dmx interface (and also the computer) of "ground loop" coming from the dmx line from a faulty dmx fixture. If your dmx installation and your dmx fixtures are safe, you do not need an optical isolator.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Previous

Return to Box