Having an issue with DMX not activating light fixture

usb to dmx (2009 - 2019)

Having an issue with DMX not activating light fixture

Postby gmartinez82 » 09 April 2015, 16:15

I'm needing help with the following just recently receive 512 running newest version 7 xpress software(April 2015)

Laptop just recently was able to recognize DMX(WIN 7 32 BIT) but when testing product with Generator the light fixture wont turn on

im able run the tilt pan function but the light on the fixture wont turn on. ADJ INNOSPOT LED . address to number 1

When I remove the DMX Cable the Light fixture light turn on"demo/sound active" So I can confirm the light fixture is not the issue.

Im not sure if im selecting the right option to turn on the light fixture with the dmx software. Newbie status

pc light blinks(fast) DMX LIGHT solid light on the 512 device. Thanks any help will be useful.
I wasn't able to find any tutorial videos on this topic

also the light is addressed with the information I was able to find with the 512 listing Import Fixture . FOLLOW BY PATCH INNOSPOT LED
gmartinez82

Re: Having an issue with DMX not activating light fixture

Postby support » 09 April 2015, 17:01

In order to know if the interface has a defective dmx output, the best would be to try it with another dmx fixture.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Karyn451 » 12 April 2015, 20:45

If you can operate Pan/Tilt then your DMX is working fine.

To turn on the light you need to do 3 things.

Select a colour with DMX Chan 3 (50 will give you green)
Turn up the Dimmer with Chan 7 (255 max)
Open the shutter with Chan 6 (0-7 is blackout, 8-15 full open, > 15 assorted strobes)

In Generator, once you've created a movement curve for Pan/Tilt, switch to the Colour, Dimmer and Shutter channels in turn and set the values you need to have the light on.
It's important that the Dimmer and Shutter channels are activated in the generator scene otherwise their default values will mean the light is off.
Karyn451

Postby gmartinez82 » 13 April 2015, 15:08

THis past weekend ive connect One adj TriPar profile uplight. I was able to get that light fixture to turn on However only Channel one would work. ALL the other channels would not Respond. Not sure if that happened to your guys before
gmartinez82

Return to D512