No "PC Link" on D512.

usb to dmx (2009 - 2019)

No "PC Link" on D512.

Postby abernix » 28 November 2012, 00:12

Hello,

I'm using Chauvet ShowXpress with the Xpress-512 USB device on Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2). I've had this working fine for 5 months but starting a couple days ago, I can no longer get the ControlBoard software to recognize any DMX Universe. I have tried this on two Mac computers that have not had any configuration changes in the past couple weeks. Restarting, or powering down the device (and waiting after doing so) does not help. The Xpress-512 has power, indicated by the blue power light. It does NOT show in the USB Device Tree in the System Information on my Mac. It also does not appear when I use the USB Prober tool included with XCode Hardware Developer Tools. This happens whether there are DMX devices connected (1, more, etc.) or not. It would appear that it just no longer responds on the USB.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for any advice you can provide.
abernix

Re: No "PC Link" on D512.

Postby support » 28 November 2012, 08:25

The usual cause which destroy the interface is voltage/current coming from the dmx line.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1686

In any case, your interface looks brocken, so we suggest you to return it to your retailer for maintenance service.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to D512