D512 vs Sunlite basic

usb to dmx (2009 - 2019)

D512 vs Sunlite basic

Postby Mattblack » 28 August 2012, 09:45

Hi guys.

Please can you help me find a desperate replacement for the ADJ MyDMX2 software?

I'm considering the Sweetlight but the shop I buy from are trying to get my to pay a little extra for Sunlite 2 Basic.

Can you help me compare them as I'm relatively new to all this stuff. Can the Sunlite 2 Basic package do anything the Sweetlight can't? And vice versa?

I might also be interested in trying ArtNet in the future also and I don't think the Sunlite will do that.

At the moment it's just to run 10 lights or so and about 50 DMX channels, nothing special at all. But I want the ability to expand in the future if necessary.

I also don't want the lights to shutdown if the computer crashes.

I must be able to assign scenes only to specific channels (not ALL channels like MyDMX2 forces you to) and so be able to start/stop strobes without affecting other running lights.

Many thanks
Matt
Mattblack

Re: D512 vs Sunlite basic

Postby support » 29 August 2012, 08:34

I might also be interested in trying ArtNet in the future

Sorry but we do not use artnet presently (PS: artnet is interesting only for big quantity of channels)

At the moment it's just to run 10 lights or so and about 50 DMX channels, nothing special at all. But I want the ability to expand in the future if necessary.

The interface D512 can manage up to 512 dmx channels.
The software can drive up to 6 interfaces D512.

I also don't want the lights to shutdown if the computer crashes.

It is possible to upload one dynamic scene into the interface memory. When the computer stops to communicate with the interface, the interface starts automatically to play the dynamic scene.

I must be able to assign scenes only to specific channels and so be able to start/stop strobes without affecting other running lights.

No problem for that (please donwload our "demo_show" and play with it).
Please note that we offer only one version of our software with interface D512 (without any restriction), and all software upgrades (since year 1998) are free.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Mattblack » 29 August 2012, 10:07

Thanks for the reply. I have the demo software but it's hard to test as I can't see the DMX output without a controller. Looks nice though, simple design, low CPU usage and many features.

I just don't want to make the same mistake again I did with MyDMX2... jesus that's bad software! :-D 100% usage and crashing every 5 minutes.
Mattblack

Postby support » 30 August 2012, 07:46

Dmx outputs can be seen via the "dmx bargraph" (right click in ControlBoard).

CPU usage is a big concern for us (we use XP on a pentium 4 for the CPU usage tests).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to D512