Windows 7 64bit will not recognize the cable

usb to dmx - 100 dmx channels only for Windows (2011 - 2019)

Windows 7 64bit will not recognize the cable

Postby Djgeo » 10 May 2012, 02:43

I am going crazy trying to figure out why my computer will not recognize my usb to dmx cable... I am using windows 7 64 bit Premium Home edition. How do I install drivers manually so the cable works? Please help!!!!
Djgeo

Re: Windows 7 64bit will not recognize the cable

Postby calmphi » 13 May 2012, 08:58

Au secours. Je suis sous windows 7 64bits. Et bien, que j'ai lu les différentes rubriques concernant les drivers du cable usb sweetcable, que j'ai fait les installations indiquées, ça ne marche pas. Quand je regarde dans les propriétés du driver, l'ordi me dit que le driver est à jour mais ça ne fonctionne pas car il n'est pas signé numériquement. Je comprends d'autant moins que ça a marché une fois et ensuite impossible d'y arriver. Serait-il possible d'avoir un pas à pas pour un sous-doué en informatique... Merci d'avance c'est très urgent.
calmphi

Postby Karl » 17 June 2012, 18:38

Hi, I have just converted to an HP laptop which is 64 bit and I have the same issue. I have tried reinstalling the software many times but I continually get the message No universe found and the notice that the USB interface is not recognised. I also would like urgent help. Many thanks Karl
Karl

Postby support » 18 June 2012, 07:56

Watch old software versions which install "not signed" drivers.
You must use a recent software version, which install signed drivers.

The usual problem is: if you have already installed an old software version, then this is very difficult to force the operating system to use the new driver.

In the property window of the Cable SYS file ("ftdibus.sys"), you must see this:
If you do not see this, this means, you still have an old driver installed.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby djbuzby » 20 June 2012, 22:01

OK, sounds like it may be the prolem. Where do I get the new software as I downloaded the latest from Sweet Light's website just a few days ago. I have also, unistalled and reinstalled but still not joy.

Thanks again.
djbuzby

Return to Cable