OS ask to re-install driver, after each pc reboot [moved]

computer, driver, ...

OS ask to re-install driver, after each pc reboot [moved]

Postby benoitd » 02 March 2011, 23:39

Hi

I was able to install the driver for my ssa V1.04 and everything was working just fine. I made a simple scene and I assing it to the button 1. After that I restarted my computer and since that reboot my computer does not recognize the ssa controler and it's asking me to reinstall the driver again. I tried to reinstall the same driver the install process stop and ask for the file EFKusb.sys. I noticed that this file was included in the driver folder so I browse to that location and the rest of the install went just fine.

After that, I decided to restart my computer again just to be sure that everything was ok. Windows is asking me again for the driver and even if I tried to manually reinstall them, I keep on receiving a msg saying " The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software ". I'm using the exact same file that I was using the last 2 times. I even tried downloading the version on your website but I still get the same error message.

I do have other usb devices connected on that computer and all of them are working just fine. I also tried a different port for the SSA and still have the same problem.

Thanks,
benoitd

Re: Control Board / Driver problem

Postby support » 03 March 2011, 08:14

We heard already one time about this problem (should be in forum V5 ; but we do not remember where). And the person who had it was not able to fix it. So he decided to re-install Windows OS, and afterwards everything was working fine.
Unfortunatelly, we never meet this problem with our computers, so we are not able to try to analyse it. Anyway, this looks like a Windows operating system failure. The easiest way to check this is to try the interface on another computer.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General hardware