driver not found [fixed]

computer, driver, ...

driver not found [fixed]

Postby genlitepro » 14 June 2010, 02:57

I just got a new laptop with windows 7 and installed v6.2. When I tried to install my "box" (Chauvet x-factor) windows said "driver not installed". I downloaded the most recent version I could find, (box_64bits_v104) The driver is there in the driver folder in program files>showxpress>drivers>. I moved to OS drivers, (Computer>OS(C:)>Drivers). Windows still said "Driver not installed" (I then moved it back to orginal location) I have also run the windows 7 troubleshoot, same message. Any Ideas? Do I have the driver in the wrong folder?
Thanks,
Genesis Lighting
genlitepro

Re: Driver not Found

Postby directsound » 14 June 2010, 04:09

i HAD TO PUT MY COMPUTER IN DRIVER TEST MODE FOR IT TO WORK I did a post on it before. Searchmy past posts.

Oh here this might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWWOLEZw4g

MM
The Best Wedding Have One Thing In Common...Direct Sound Wedding DJ & Decor Lighting Service

Thanks,
From DJ Mikey Mike
http://www.directsound.com
http://www.doitfromscratch.com
directsound

Postby support » 14 June 2010, 07:08

New driver V1.04 is supposed to work directly on Windows 7 64bits, without having to run the pc in "test" mode, or without to run any patch like ReadyDriverPlus before.
The driver V1.04 is very recent. It is available only in the download section. It is presently not included in any software package (neither normal version, nor beta version). Normal and beta versions have driver V1.03.

In the Device Manager, you must see now 1.04, instead of 1.03.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby genlitepro » 15 June 2010, 01:51

Thanks, I had already downloaded v104. I think part of the problem was In Device manager windows 7 would not recongize the box as a usb device. It was under other devices as an unknown device. When i double clicked on the device it gave me the same message, "driver not intsalled", however, Windows 7 did display the option to let me browse for the driver, which it did not under the trouble shooter program or hardware wizard that windows help directed me to in my first attempt to install. (Sounds like a windows 7 issue). Once I specified the driver location folder it installed the box as a usb device. I have not tried to actually use it yet, but it is showing on control board, so i will assume install is good. will post again if any more issues. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has the same issue, to sum up, you must go to "Control Panel>System and Security>Security". Click on device manager, there you should find "other devices>unknown device", double click on device and when driver not installed window comes up select "browse" and click on driver folder. (make sure you click on 64bit folder for windows 7)
Thanks.
genlitepro

Postby support » 15 June 2010, 08:12

Thank you for these infos.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General hardware