Completely Confused! Please help!

computer, driver, ...

Completely Confused! Please help!

Postby icblightandsoundcrew » 07 May 2013, 20:55

We're basic highschool students, and we need help! Our school purchased 6 Chauvet Slimpar Quad 12 IRC lights. We don't have the remote that was available for purchase with it. We have a dongle that is the VM-USBDMX-01. We have tried downloading multiple programs, only to be more confused with each one. Hiring a professional to do the lights is sadly not an option. The program doesn't seem to be registering the dongle (no universe found), but we may be wrong here. We can get the lights on backstage with 3 light switches, but that isn't very helpful.

Any direction would be highly appreciated! Whether it be in the form of links to tutorials, a written explanation, or anything really!

Included are screenshots of our dilemma. We have not touched anything other than what is screenshot below.

:evil:
icblightandsoundcrew

Re: Completely Confused! Please help!

Postby support » 07 May 2013, 21:20

Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby icblightandsoundcrew » 07 May 2013, 21:37

support wrote:Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5

I'm sorry if we're asking this in the wrong forum or something, but could you explain further? We've never worked with this type of technology before. We've always had a lightboard, and we were told that we had to find a program online and make it work.
icblightandsoundcrew

Postby support » 08 May 2013, 05:07

To use our software, you must have one of these interfaces: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5 .
You can not use our software with your interface.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby epeterson » 10 May 2013, 13:29

Where are you located? I'm in Minneapolis - St Paul, MN If I'm anywhere close to you I can help out onsite...I'll consider it some volunteer time for me.

Eric
epeterson

Return to General hardware