old showxpress box

computer, driver, ...

old showxpress box

Postby Uncleglen » 09 March 2013, 16:53

Hi all. I'm new to the whole dmx scene, that being said me and my brother are trying to switch his lights over to dmx, We got a usb dongle and it works great with freestyler but he found a really old showxpress box(the rs232 version). my issue is that i got version 5 of the showxpress software running on win 7 and I cant seem to get the program to work the live tab crashes ever time i click it and i cant seem to get my fixtures to do anything. as i understand it is if i click the dmx button on the builder page the lights if pluged in should work .. I am using 2 americandj mightyscans to start with till we switch out some others. Oh yeah we are using a usb to rs232 plug. when i start showxpress it says it sees the connection.. any help here would be awesome...
Uncleglen

Re: old showxpress box

Postby support » 11 March 2013, 08:57

Sorry but we do not give anymore support for the version 5 of our software.
Please note that version 6 is free.

Please note also that: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Uncleglen » 11 March 2013, 17:43

Yeah i was pretty much asking the community for any help. I realized it is a outdated product, I was just hoping that maybe 1 or 2 other users would either remember about it or still use it and lend me a hand.
Uncleglen

Postby JohnRichards » 12 March 2013, 14:23

@Uncleglen
I used the old interface on Windows 98SE, and it did not work on XP.
You might be getting the same issues with Win 7, especially if it is 64 bit.
Get an old machine with 98se on it, and it should solve your problem.
John
JohnRichards

Postby Uncleglen » 15 March 2013, 03:01

Thanks alot. I got my sons old xp laptop and tryed it worked great. So i went and bought a old laptop from craigslist and it doesn't work on xp with the new-er pc. I downgraded to 98 but the showxpress file said it couldn't install in this version of windows. So i'm gonna try to just copy the files over by thumb drive. I was just wondering if version 5 installs any drivers or puts files anywhere else when it installs.. Also was wondering if there is a difference chart somewhere to see the differences between 5 and 6. Cuz i was thingin about buying new controler but if it does the same things I dont wanna just throw away more cash..
Uncleglen

Return to General hardware