Driver install says Xpress-512 has problem

computer, driver, ...

Driver install says Xpress-512 has problem

Postby lambruceco » 26 April 2012, 01:33

Just bought a new HP DV6T with Graphics Card. Installed ShowXpress_Win_629 from Chauvet web site, loaded OK, closed the app as recommended by installation instructions before loading drivers. Followed directions to load drivers, plugged in Xpress-512 box and USB cable, and device never comes up as discoverable (Windows 7).

Next, went to Start, Devices & Printers, and "Unknown Device" is shown, so I double clicked it, and under properties, says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43).

The "Power" LED on the Xpress-512 box lights up, but the "PC LINK" LED does not.

I uninstalled downloaded version 6.29 and tried the CDR version 6.27B that came with the Xpress-512 box, and the same issues. Checking the driver again says the "best driver is installed" but the device shows up with the " ! " mark and unknown device.

I have pointed the system to the "drivers" location, but that doesn't seem to help when trying to load drivers.

Seems like this should be a simple exercise to load the software "drivers," but I believe something is wrong. Lots of $$$$ invested and getting frustrated. Can anyone help? Thank you.
lambruceco

Re: Driver install says Xpress-512 has problem

Postby support » 26 April 2012, 07:06

In order to know if the interface is faulty or not, we suggest you to check it on another computer.
- if still problem, please return the interface for maintenance service
- if no problem, this should be a Windows problem (possible usb conflict) on your computer
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General hardware