interface patching question

computer, driver, ...

interface patching question

Postby tomz » 18 January 2012, 16:14

I understand that the operating system "assigns" the interfaces to each universe when using multiple dongles. My issue is that I would like to have my "Box" always on universe one as I use the DMX '"in" function to controll many dimmers with a small simple controller. I like to run my other devices on the 2nd universe with the 512plus and record scenes to the device for later use. I have noticed that the interfaces don't always link to the same universe when I fire up the program. I have had to restart and change the arrangement of the plugs on my USB hub to duplicate the mapping from my last session ( Time consuming and somewhat inconvienient).This only happens when I shut down, unplug and set up at a different venue. Is there any way within the software to assign what dongle controlls what universe?I think it would be a nice feature for those of us that have invested in multiple interfaces.
tomz

Re: interface patching question

Postby support » 18 January 2012, 18:09

I have noticed that the interfaces don't always link to the same universe when I fire up the program

:o

It is presently not possible to re-assign the usb devices over the operating system, because this looks redundant.
If you always plug the usb lines the same way, the universes will remain in same order.

Usb lines are like dmx lines, if you reverse the lines, then the lightshow will not work correctly.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: interface patching question

Postby kahilzinger » 01 February 2012, 21:46

Label your boxes, lable your USB wires and make sure you plug them into the same locations every time. That is the only way you are going to keep it from messing up.
kahilzinger

Return to General hardware