Lost DMX Signal Output and "Show DMX Levels" Updated!

computer, driver, ...

Lost DMX Signal Output and "Show DMX Levels" Updated!

Postby vicmen » 21 December 2011, 02:21

If I loose DMX signal output and the "Show DMX levels" no longer indicate levels, does this mean the BOX is damaged?
The ControlBoard does identify "1 Universe Found" and the box goes off of Stand-Alone mode as soon as you go into the Control Board.

UPDATE!!!!
It seems that security patch updates to the latest since 12/20/2011 breaks the programs ability to interface with the BOX... and hence no dmx levels or output.
vicmen

Re: Lost DMX Signal Output and "Show DMX Levels" Updated!

Postby support » 21 December 2011, 08:23

The dmx bargraph not showing the levels means the internal ip communication of our software is blocked by some antivirus/firewall protection.

We can not say the interface is damaged, while we do not see the dmx levels in the dmx bargraph.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby samuelkmcdonald » 28 December 2011, 18:16

Just a note:

I was experiencing the same problem. Running ShowXpress Ver 6.281 on Windows XP, I loaded, reloaded, entered the port exception in my firewalls, double-checked and so on.

After all that, I still could not get "fixture settings" to become available in the 3D show, nor was my DMX bar-graph lighting up, even though my interface was getting a PC signal, and everything was setup correctly.

I had to COMPLETELY uninstall my McAfee firewall (even though it was 3 years out of date and disabled). Once I did this, the program lit up like it should. I can even run the program with my Windows firewall still up.

Just a thought.
samuelkmcdonald

Postby support » 28 December 2011, 18:45

Thank you very much for this info.

It is important to know because, when there is a communication problem, oftenly the users believe this could never come from a well know big company like McAfee, and they straight think this is our fault.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General hardware