sweetlight does not detect the FTDI interface. HELP

computer, driver, ...

sweetlight does not detect the FTDI interface. HELP

Postby zip » 04 May 2024, 12:14

Hi everyone :D , a few days ago I started trying sweetlight and I'm very happy with it but unfortunately the interface I had (open dmx) didn't detect it. So I decided to buy another interface with FTDI chip hoping it would work... Unfortunately it doesn't work. I opted to get a non-original interface for economic reasons. I really need help, I'm going crazy :shock: I don't know what to do anymore. Would you help me solve my problem? Thanks in advance.
zip

Re: sweetlight does not detect the FTDI interface. HELP

Postby support » 04 May 2024, 14:27

Please note that the software is free to download and free to use with our 3D rendering view.
If you want to connect your DMX fixtures to the computer, you have to get one of these DMX interfaces: https://forum.thelightingcontroller.com/viewt ... t=5#p26389
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby zip » 04 May 2024, 14:58

Isn't there something with a more affordable price? :? (always by sweetlight)
zip

Postby support » 04 May 2024, 15:24

Sorry we do not sell anymore cheap models, for two main reasons:

1. We want all our DMX interfaces have strong protections against electrical failures in the DMX line. We do not want our customers have a lightshow brutal stop in the middle of the event, and we do not want they believe this is the fault of our software while there there is for instance a ground loop problem in the DMX line.

2. A part of the price goes for our software coders. This is their only job and they need to eat.

By using our DMX interface, we guarantee an efficient lighting control from your mouse until your DMX fixtures.

Another important point to know: the people who bought in year 2009 this old DMX interface D512 can use for free the latest versions of our software.

If you consider all points above, we hope you will understand the extra cost and you will take the leap of our DMX interface.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to General hardware