3D view problem in Win 7 [fixed]

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

3D view problem in Win 7 [fixed]

Postby socalmagic » 20 April 2011, 03:56

I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 specifically to run ShowXpress. I installed ShowXpress and the box with no problems. However, the fixtures are not properly controlled in 3D view. For example, I have a clear parcan on channel 2, but it doesn't come up in 3D unless I bring up channel 3. Channel 3 is controlled by channel 4, etc. This is the exact same show that I had on a Vista laptop and it worked with no problems. In fact, I ran my entire show from it last week and it worked perfectly. By the way, this only happens with my conventional fixtures. My intellgient lights work fine.
socalmagic

Re: 3D view problem in Win 7

Postby socalmagic » 20 April 2011, 04:10

I just tried to duplicate the problem on my old laptop, and it also has the same problem. It has been working correctly the entire time, but now it isn't working properly on either laptop. Please let me know some potential solutions.
socalmagic

Postby socalmagic » 20 April 2011, 19:29

I was able to fix the problem. I created a new show with the same fixtures to see if it worked properly, and it did. When I opened the original show that was giving me problems it was working properly.
socalmagic

Postby socalmagic » 21 April 2011, 06:07

The problem is still happening, but it wasn't resolved by opening the test show, and then reopening my normal show. The test show is working correctly, but the sliders are all off by one for the conventional fixtures in my normal show. Please help.
socalmagic

Postby socalmagic » 21 April 2011, 16:17

I figured out what was causing the problem, but not how to fix it and why it's occurring. I have the DMX channels 2-9 patched to output to 1-8. I deleted the patched outputs, and it works fine now. It is very strange how the patch is outputting the lights in 3D. For example, slider 2 is patched to output to channel 1, but it is channel 3 that operates it in 3D view. Deleting the patches was a short-term solution. I would like to keep it patched as that is how I will use it in the live show, and I don't want to have to delete the patches every time I program the lights in 3D. Please help.
socalmagic

Re: 3D view problem in Win 7 [fixed]

Postby support » 21 April 2011, 21:25

The dmx output patch is supposed to be active for both dmx channels and 3DView channels.
This means 3DView virtual fixtures must have same dmx address than real fixtures.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView