Multihead LED BAR

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Multihead LED BAR

Postby benmin12 » 31 March 2020, 10:01

Hey Guys,

I want to import LED-Bars into my 3D View with 8 Segments. I try to use the Multihead feature to display all Segments.
Is it possible to automaticly align them that thay loke like one BAR with 8 Segments?
Or is there a way to treat them like one Fixture to move them around and align them?

The only Way i found was to manually move them one by one. If i use the Auto Select an Rotate them they only individually rotate, not as one Fixture.
When you have 20 BARS with 8 Segments this takes Ages..

If this issent Possible it would be Great if a Function like this would come in da Future Update.
Something where you can Auto align an Space Multiheads as BARs.

Keep it up!
benmin12

Re: Multihead LED BAR

Postby support » 31 March 2020, 14:19

Sorry but it is not possible to auto align or rotate all the 8 segments within one fixture.

If your fixture has a mode with all channels duplicated (RGB#1, dimmer#1, shutter#1, RGB#2, dimmer#2, shutter#2, ..., RGB#8, dimmer#8, shutter#8), then you can declare 8 single segment fixtures, instead of one 8 segments fixture. Unfortunately, not all these items have this smart mode.

Anyway, we note "better multi-heads fixtures 3DView management" for the next major software version.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby CaptJWH » 16 August 2020, 04:03

We have multiple Chauvet ColorBand PIX M USB moving bars. If this is what you mean by multihead, we would like to see these represented in a 3d view. Suspect programmatically it's not an easy fix, but ultimately we'd like to see the result of programming each of the 10 lights int the bar. Right now we are just using a pan locked mover that's single color.

Great product even without! keep up the great work and support!

TY!
CaptJWH

Postby support » 16 August 2020, 17:02

Yes, dmx fixtures merging several "heads" (for us one head = one beam = one pixel) with common channels (for dimmer or shutter for instance) is a nightmare for all lighting softwares.
We are considering this for the next major version of our software.
In the meantine, the only solution is to declare several RGB fixtures instead of one multi-heads fixture, and unfortunately the common channels will be ignored.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to 3DView