Windows 10 and 3D Viewer

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Windows 10 and 3D Viewer

Postby hjdutcher » 02 April 2016, 01:49

After upgrading to windows 10 my 3D viewer is not working. When I go to turn on 3D Viewer I get a dialog box that says 3DView.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

What files do I have to re download in order to get this to start working again.
hjdutcher

Re: Windows 10 and 3D Viewer

Postby support » 02 April 2016, 21:26

If the problem occurs with only one specific lightshow, please post a zip of it ; we will check it.
If the problem occurs with all lightshows (even with a new one), we suggest you to upgrade the driver of the video card.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Hecktique » 09 April 2016, 17:40

Same problem here. The viewer window first stays blank, then a pop up message appears (triggered by C:\Windows\System32\werfault.exe) stating 3d viewer doesn't work and will be shut down. I have all the latest drivers for my Intel Graphics Media Accelerator and the problem even occurs when a blank (default) lightshow is loaded. I can't imagine the problem lies with the driver since the 3d viewer worked fine on the same system under windows 8.1.
Hecktique

Postby DJ Gwystyl » 08 February 2018, 06:42

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I'm actually using Windows 7, and have been trying to get a USB secondary monitor to use for the 3dview while working away from home, but it keeps saying the 3dview has stopped working. :( I updated both the onboard (Intel HD Graphics 4000) and dedicated (Nvidia GeForce 675M), updated the DisplayLink drivers, as well as the USB 3.0 drivers just to be safe, but the 3DView still says it stops every time I try running it...

Update 2018/03/17
I never did get it to work, and actually gave up, sadly.. I returned the monitor, and will potentially try down the road when (if?) portable monitors get better... My solution for now has been to simply use my desktop with triple 24" 1080 monitors so I can have my timeline/editor/generator/pixel on the center screen, my floating button board on left, and my 3d view on right. When I'm travelling and using my laptop, I'm just stuck having to share the screen real estate with tiny windows, maximizing as needed...
DJ Gwystyl

Return to 3DView