EDITOR app does not open

create lighting scenes

Re: EDITOR app does not open

Postby urunime » 28 August 2013, 00:47

Nope.
urunime

Postby urunime » 28 August 2013, 00:49

oddly enough I have discovered a second laptop with the same behavior. Everything else works except the editor app.
urunime

Postby support » 28 August 2013, 07:21

Please confirm that we are talking about the same lightshow.
Here is what we see in Editor, with your lightshow.
Editor.png
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 28 August 2013, 13:12

I had this happen just last week because I exported my show from my main PC and then imported the show to my laptop. Editor stopped working. I went through all the usual steps to try to fix it but it turned out that my export/import file was corrupted somehow. I have since imported and exported fine. But that one day a week and a half ago it happened. I can't say that this is the same problem but that is what I experienced.
Pink LD

Postby urunime » 05 December 2013, 23:16

Conclusion,
Oddly, I've experienced this again with a new project and different machines. I created a project in an older version of the software then downloaded an updated version. The files I created in the old version will lock out the editor app. I'll have to re-create the whole show under the new version in order to work with it. When i create a new show using the same version the editor app opens normally. If I switch back to the old one it will not open.

So, not a very nice solution, but at least I can isolate the problem and move on with my life. Luckily all I had done was basic addressing.
urunime

Previous

Return to Editor