Grouping DMX Channels

create lighting scenes

Grouping DMX Channels

Postby Pholladay » 15 May 2013, 19:44

Hi!

I'm using this software to control a few different kinds of fixtures, one of them being the Chauvet ColorPalette. I have 5, and I'd like to use them in 27 channel mode each with their own address. The fixture has 8 different zones, each with it's own RGB color mixing, making a total of 40 different zones of programming for each scene, which can get to be a real pain (I know that I don't have to use them in 27 channel mode in each scene, but you get the idea). My question is, is there a way that I can group some of the DMX channels together, for example, a group that would grab the red channel in every other zone, which would be DMX channels 3,9,15, and 21. This way when the group is selected they are all tied together so I only have to move one fader instead of four.

Or even better, but I suppose less likely to be a feature, how about a way that I could just have groups of the different RGB zones and be able to use the color wheel to assign their colors. So I could have a group that's zones 1-4 that when it's selected just click which color I want on the wheel and they all become that color. Then another group that's zones 5-8 and the same thing (again, I know I could put the fixture in 8 channel mode and accomplish that, but I don't want to make the groups that simple). That would make programming these things super easy and way less time consuming then the way I'm currently trying to do it. If anyone could help a brother out, that would be super. Thanks for your time guys!
Pholladay

Re: Grouping DMX Channels

Postby support » 16 May 2013, 06:49

The program "Pixels" has been developed especially for such fixtures.
Please try it.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Editor