Pan/Tilt Speed

create lighting scenes

Pan/Tilt Speed

Postby epeterson » 04 February 2013, 03:27

I am using 4 Chauvet Intimidator Wash 150's for a show. I have the end result of the program I want to run. I just can't get the program to get there quick enough. I basically just have a 2 step program. I want the washes to scan left to right...etc...left to right. When I hit the scene in Live the leds come on and it takes a good 4 seconds for them to hit their position to start going left and right. I would like the lights to stay of til they hit their position...but get them into position as fast as the lights can pan/tilt. I have tried many different channel settings..just can't seem to wrap my brain around this to get it working. I have attached my scene. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Eric
Attachments
White LR.zip
(204 Bytes) Downloaded 676 times
epeterson

Re: Pan/Tilt Speed

Postby support » 04 February 2013, 07:44

We are not 100% sure because you attached only the scene and not the complete lightshow, but the attached scene should be better for your requirement.

PS: 2 different positions + 2 pauses require 4 steps
Attachments
White LR.zip
(343 Bytes) Downloaded 699 times
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby dkumpula » 07 February 2013, 20:42

epeterson wrote:I basically just have a 2 step program. I want the washes to scan left to right...etc...left to right. When I hit the scene in Live the leds come on and it takes a good 4 seconds for them to hit their position to start going left and right. I would like the lights to stay of til they hit their position...but get them into position as fast as the lights can pan/tilt.

Hey Eric!

I believe I understand what you are saying as I have encountered this previously. I suspect you are asking the moving heads to go from a pan/tilt position of 0/0 and jumping them pretty far all while going through fades that make them go left to right. Assuming this is correct, there are a few ways to ensure a rapid response. First, ensure that you have the pan/tilt speed (channel 5 if you are using 15 channel mode) set to zero to ensure the fastest possible response from the device itself.

Second, make sure that the first of your two steps is the one that requires the least movement from the device's prior position of 0/0 or wherever it was previously holding.

Third, assuming that you are using timeline and you do not have these devices in action immediately before activating your two step sweep scene, create and activate a "prep" scene with the pan/tilt position of the second step, put in your desired color wheel position and anything else, but leave the shutter/dimmer off. Make this stand-by scene longer than you think you'll need (10 seconds or more). Trigger this prep scene two seconds (or greater if your device needs more time to hit this position) before you trigger your sweeping scene. It will then fade to step one's position smoothly and immediately. If you are triggering your scene manually, you can still do the same thing, but ensure that you "untrigger" the prep scene as soon as you select your sweeping scene.

Finally, if the third suggestion doesn't work for you for some reason, you can manually create a scene whose first step is to act as the "prep" step and then repeat your next two steps as many times as you think you will ever need (e.g. 20+ right-left repeats) so it doesn't ever repeat the prep step while playing.

I hope this helps!

-David
dkumpula

Postby epeterson » 26 February 2013, 03:06

Thanks David! That helped out a lot. I am finally getting the whole programming thing figured out.

Thanks Again,

Eric
epeterson

Return to Editor