Pan/tilt help.

create lighting scenes

Pan/tilt help.

Postby cembry25 » 19 January 2013, 06:24

I have four moving heads, and I'm completely new to how moving heads movements even work.

What I don't get is, say I have the lights setup in a small room > I make patterns > but would this pattern work in a bigger venue?

It's not necessarily about the patterns.. I'm not quite sure how to explain this but.. say I try to simulate a venue based off the Pan/tilt box, how would I incorporate what I know about the venue into the pan/tilt box.

I'm sorry if I don't make any sense but I guess my biggest problem is, I don't want to make a scene in my small room as where when I bring the setup to the venue (example basket ball gym) and the patterns I create don't even match.
cembry25

Re: Pan/tilt help.

Postby JohnRichards » 19 January 2013, 09:13

My method of doing this.
I create a new show for the venue.
I then import my fixtures I wish to use.
I them setup 3D view to the exact sizes of the venue, place the fixtures in the approx positions, and then program from there.
This should get your settings reasonably accurate, and maybe will have to adjust programing or positions when at the venue.
These adjustments should be minor.
John
JohnRichards

Re: Pan/tilt help.

Postby cembry25 » 19 January 2013, 22:38

Thanks John for the advice.

I was hoping to see if there was an easier solution, but I will work with this.

I'm trying to form a question but I don't know how to put the correct words, but is there a way to know understand the whole movement with the pan/tilt box?

like.. I wanna learn in detail how the x/y axis corresponds to the light, or do you think that would be unnecessary and just do it by the 3d viewer or set up the lights and just try to understand it?
cembry25

Return to Editor