Blackout Button for Live

create lighting scenes

Blackout Button for Live

Postby epeterson » 29 December 2012, 03:51

I am fairly new to this whole Lighting thing. How do you create a blackout button? I have been using the DMX button in live to kill the lights at the end of a set or song. (I am using this software with a live band) I would like to create a button that turns off all the other buttons that I have active or that I might turn on or run during any given song.

In Live can a button be created that is a single click to deactivate all the other light scenes I might have active?

Thanks,
Eric
epeterson

Re: Blackout Button for Live

Postby Pink LD » 29 December 2012, 05:21

Your first trick is ctrl+shift+z
That will release any Live buttons active.
The second is to create a scene that is active for all the fixtures you want affected. Give the fixtures whatever typeof fade qualities you wish. It won't release any other active live buttons but as a stacked action it will override other buttons that are active.
Alternatively you could use the freeze button and select all the buttons you want to go off and then cluck the freeze button again when you want that action.
There are many more ways to achieve a global black out but these 3 should get you started. As you understand them then SU can give you other methods.
Last edited by Pink LD on 30 December 2012, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Pink LD

Postby epeterson » 29 December 2012, 23:21

Thanks for the tips. I tried the CTRL + ALT + Z and figured out it was CTRL + Shift + Z not sure if that is my computer or not. But that will work great. Threre are many times I have many different buttons active. Thanks again,

Eric
epeterson

Postby Pink LD » 30 December 2012, 01:15

My apology. It is ctrl+shift+z. I just edited my former post so as not to be misleading to any other readers.
Pink LD

Return to Editor