High End Studio Spot 250

create lighting scenes

High End Studio Spot 250

Postby mewewe » 07 October 2011, 22:38

Hi for some reason I am not able to get anything to work in the 3D view for the High End Studio Spot 250 other than pan/tilt, shutter, dimmer and iris. I am using version 6, but am also having the same issue with version 5 on an older machine. (Both Windows) I am doing a show next weekend with these fixtures and would be great if I could get 3D working ahead of time! Thank you in advance!

Matt-
mewewe

Re: High End Studio Spot 250

Postby support » 07 October 2011, 23:13

3DView is not able to show all features of this light, but we are able for instance to see the colors (channel 6).
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Pink LD » 08 October 2011, 00:26

You have gotta know your fixture as 3D wont show all the features. When I program for fixtures like these I take notes on which scenes I need to tweak at the pre-show/focus at the venue.
For example:
- Is the strobe speed actually what I want?
- Is the dimmer level what I want?
- Is the Iris the correct size?
- Is the hard or sharp focus what I want?
- Is the gobo correct?
etc, etc...
No matter how good a 3D WYSIWIG you get, you still gotta check your lighting looks IRL to be sure it is what you wanted when you made it,
Pink LD

Postby mewewe » 08 October 2011, 18:50

support wrote:3DView is not able to show all features of this light, but we are able for instance to see the colors (channel 6).

So I've discovered there are 2 studio spots in the fixture profile list.. the one I was using is "STUDIO_SPOT250" and the other one.. "STUDIOSPOT250" has the working color, but looks like it doesn't show all of the information on the channel strips like gobo, gobo rotate etc. Meaning, the STUDIO_SPOT250 shows nice little pictures on the channel strip and lists out the functions in the setup page but the other one does not.

I've also noticed the color macro (Ch.4) on the chauvet led par 56rain does not function. Usually you can just go up and down values to determine color instead of mixing RGB (Ch.1 + 2 + 3) Any way to get this working. I understand the other functions not working, but seems like the one thing that would work in 3D is the ability to see color, especially for a Chauvet fixture.

Thanks again,
Matt-
mewewe

Postby mewewe » 08 October 2011, 18:52

Anyone know of any good hardware controllers out there being used just as a physical interface for show express? Perhaps something with joystick capability for X/Y. DMX or MIDI?
mewewe

Return to Editor