Loop Duration

create lighting scenes

Loop Duration

Postby DJ Epidemix » 03 October 2011, 04:26

Hello all,

I am new to Showxpress after upgrading from a competing product (My...). As I'm getting used to this product I find there are some things I like more about this, and some things I like about more about the former product. Case in point: When in the LIVE mode, I do not see the option the specify how many times a scene can loop before it moves on to the next scene in the Chase sequence. The only option I see is whether or not the scene will loop endlessly or not. I'd like some of my shorter scenes to loop a few times (say 4 times) before they move on to the next scene. Is this possible in Showxpress? I'd really hate to have to go into the scene and copy and paste all the steps 3 more times! Thanks for any help.

PS: One thing I really like about Showxpress is the layering function. If I understand correctly, this will allow me make scenes for new uplights (or any other lights I buy in the future) and play them simultaneously with existing scenes for other lights and not have to add the new lights into the older scenes (like the previous product). Great time saver!
DJ Epidemix

Re: Loop Duration

Postby support » 03 October 2011, 07:04

It is presently not possible to fix a number of scene loops, before off (or next scene).
The first reason is this is the first time we have this requirement.
We add this requirement in the TODO list.

Please note that we will release a new software version in the middle of this month. In this version, Editor will have the "insert scene" function. This is not exactely what you want, but this will be much faster than using "copy/paste channels".
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby DJ Epidemix » 04 October 2011, 15:27

Thanks! I'll look forward to the update.
DJ Epidemix

Postby Niffo » 05 October 2011, 23:12

It also possible to use a TimeLine to repeat a scene a fixed number of time
Niffo
Administrateur

Return to Editor