ShowXpress on separate OSX user account

post here topics for Mac OS only

ShowXpress on separate OSX user account

Postby thomythe » 11 June 2019, 01:26

Hi there,

I have had a look around but couldn’t find any threads on this issue, but apologies if I have missed one.

I am trying to run Lighting Controller on a separate user account on my MacBook Pro. I just want to have a clean, non-personal account that myself/employees/clients can use.

However I just can’t get either Lighting Controller or 3DView to open on this new account. I have made sure to allow access to the ShowXpress folder and all of its enclosed items, but still no luck. When I try to open it it just says “The application “TheLightingController” can’t be opened.” It works fine on my personal account.

The only way I have been able to get Lighting Controller to run is by downloading and installing a second copy of ShowXpress (keeping the original copy) and calling it “ShowXpress1” or something similar when copying it to the Applications folder. This worked but surely I’m missing something and there’s a better way.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Thom

p.s. loving the software by the way. Did our first show with it at the weekend (using an Akai APC mini for control) and everything went smoothly :)
thomythe

Re: ShowXpress on separate OSX user account

Postby support » 11 June 2019, 08:04

Thank you for your comments.

So far, the rules in order all accounts can run a software is:
- you have to install the software from an administrator account
- the software has to be installed in the folder "Application"
Please try that with a new fresh install.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby thomythe » 11 June 2019, 10:56

support wrote:Thank you for your comments.

So far, the rules in order all accounts can run a software is:
- you have to install the software from an administrator account
- the software has to be installed in the folder "Application"
Please try that with a new fresh install.

Hi, thank you for your response. Yes the software was installed on the administrator account and placed into the applications folder. It runs fine on that administrator account but not on the second user account. Is it worth deleting the software and re-installing again in that same way?

Thank you.
thomythe

Postby support » 11 June 2019, 11:04

Yes, please try.
So far, there is no option/parameter for that in our software package, so this is behind our control.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Return to Mac OS