ShowXpress hates Apple USB Ethernet adapter

post here topics for Mac OS only

ShowXpress hates Apple USB Ethernet adapter

Postby chibbert » 11 January 2014, 03:43

Wow, here's one for y'all. Might save you a big headache and many hours of troubleshooting.

I am traveling and working on a MacBook Pro. Suddenly, mid-trip, ShowXpress won't launch. The app immediately quits upon launch, over and over. The crash report is not particularly helpful.

I reboot. Still won't launch. Every other app on my machine is fine. Disk Utility reports no issues. Permissions not a problem. Eh, I'm not *too* concerned. It worked yesterday, and I have a Time Machine backup from yesterday. Ok, restore the drive to yesterday morning's backup. Wait. Reboot.

Ok now? Nope. Still won't launch. WTF. It was fine! I haven't installed anything! Now I'm a little concerned. This is a new machine. Is there something wrong with it? Start pouring over the crash report. Start combing support forums. Waste 3 hours. Restore from last week's backup. STILL WON'T LAUNCH. WTF.

Then, I realize I've got something plugged into my USB port—Apple USB Ethernet adapter http://store.apple.com/us_smb_78313/product/MC704ZM/A/apple-usb-ethernet-adapter. (This hotel's ethernet is way faster than the wifi.) Official Apple accessory, just like the power adapter. Couldn't be the problem, could it? ...

Well, I pulled that out of the USB port, and voilà. ShowXpress launched just like normal. No more crashing. Evidently, ShowXpress really doesn't like this little thing.
chibbert

Re: ShowXpress hates Apple USB Ethernet adapter

Postby support » 11 January 2014, 19:12

Thank you very much for this report, and sorry for this problem.

We take note of this. We will try to fix this problem.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: ShowXpress hates Apple USB Ethernet adapter

Postby chibbert » 11 January 2014, 22:13

Thank you! Glad I can help. :-)
chibbert

Return to Mac OS