Mac OSX Review

post here general topics for software
rockinmo816

Mac OSX Review

Post by rockinmo816 »

Awesome job so far!!!
I haven't actually connected my DMX512 box into the software yet, but this is my initial feedback after running the software for the first time.

Things I love:
1. Ability to patch fixtures to different DMX channels without having to recreate scenes. This is HUGE. Especially since when we started using this software we just picked channels on the fly. Very impressed with this one.
2. Tabbed windows is perfect. No more searching for a window that got lost in the background.
3. I haven't ever used the standalone option yet, but I might look into it now since it's 100x easier then before.

Issues:
1. Like everyone else already said, the black buttons with blue writing is hard to see and read, and the small color indication isn't large enough. Everything else looks good here.
2. Mouse over on the icons sometimes doesn't show, or you have to click away somewhere and then mouse back over. I had to do this a lot since all of the icons are new.

Questions:
1. I can't seem to get the Generator to work. I don't know where the steps of that scene are getting saved to, or if I need to save the scene to get it to load in the editor?

thanks
Josh
support
Administrateur

Re: Mac OSX Review

Post by support »

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry but, if you move a fixture to another dmx channel, the scenes are not recalculated.
We know many users would love this, but this is a big job that we could start to think of only after V7 is stable.

StandAlone upload function does not work presently.

Noted for the color of the buttons.

Noted for the icons, but we are not able to reproduce this problem;

Regarding Generator, please read this: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2963
The Lighting Controller
rockinmo816

Post by rockinmo816 »

support wrote:Tank you for your feedback.

Sorry but, if you move a fixture to another dmx channel, the scenes are not recalculated.
We know many users would love this, but this is a big job that we could start to think of only after V7 is stable.

I thought this was working. I didn't take a deep enough look at it I guess. Well the functionality is there, just need to get the code to change the scenes :) When this is working, that would be a HUGE plus.

support wrote:StandAlone upload function does not work presently.

Okay, didn't even try that yet but good to know.

support wrote:Noted for the color of the buttons.

No further input needed

support wrote:Noted for the icons, but we are not able to reproduce this problem;

Mmmmm not sure how I can get this to you. Maybe ill try a screen capture program and upload a youtube video. Ill work on that.

support wrote:Regarding Generator, please read this: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2963

So we can no longer generate a scene using generator, and then immediately edit those steps in the Step window? We would need to save the generator output as a scene, and then open that scene in Steps and configure from there?

THanks
Josh
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

So we can no longer generate a scene using generator, and then immediately edit those steps in the Step window? We would need to save the generator output as a scene, and then open that scene in Steps and configure from there?

Yes, you have to click on "save" in Generator. Afterwards, if you want to modify the scene, you have to load it in Steps.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Post by support »

The Lighting Controller

Return to “General software”