Version 8 Bugs

post here general topics for software

Version 8 Bugs

Postby Lothiam » 24 July 2016, 16:21

I upgraded to version 8 and have found a couple issues.

1. When editing a scene after it has been added to live pages, the next time I load it, channels that are not enabled in the edited scene get turned off. (in our configuration the house lights are controlled by DMX and not in any scenes that affect the stage. When I next load a stage scene that has been edited, the house lights turn off).

2. When saving the Live configuration at times, the stage will clear when saving the live configuration.
Lothiam

Re: Version 8 Bugs

Postby support » 24 July 2016, 21:54

We are not able to reproduce these problems.
Please post your lightshow and tell us exactely how to reproduce the problems.
The best will be with a video.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Lothiam » 07 August 2016, 19:04

I have been able to get more details to reproduce.

We have two pages of buttons, one that has the lights for the stages proper and a second that controls the house lighting. We use solo buttons as it is a church service, not tracked to a metronome.

The first issue is that when we make a change to the live show by adding or moving a scene, and in some cases editing a scene, when we next load a scene it will unload the scene loaded in Button #3. The result is if we make a change to a scene for the stage, when we load the next scene for the stage our house lights unload. This can be prevent if we save the live scene before the next transition.

However, the second issue we are experiencing can make this hard. That issue is that when we save the live buttons page it with a changed scene or new scenes it will unload the current loaded scene on that page. So if we do save then the stage lights get unloaded. In my testing, this happened with any change, and sometimes would unload the current scene when I saved even if there weren't changes.

Light show is attached.

These issues occurred with version 8 in both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (same hardware, but upgraded OS).
Attachments
Lothiam.zip
(274 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
Lothiam

Postby Lothiam » 28 August 2016, 14:23

I uploaded my show and more duplication notes 3 weeks ago. Has anyone had a chance to look?
Lothiam

Postby support » 28 August 2016, 17:04

We took a look but we were not able to reproduce the problem.
Could you please post a short video showing the problem ?
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Niffo » 31 August 2016, 09:32

Things have been corrected regarding the cache system of V8 since the first public release (8.1.0).
Please update the software to the latest version (8.1.15 + Fix file 8.1.20) and let us know if you still have problems :
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4528#p18459
Niffo
Administrateur

Postby Lothiam » 30 October 2016, 16:20

Still having some odd issues:

After saving in editor mode, have to CTRL Click in 2d View to be able to release selected channels at save time. Essentially after saving every time I click on 2d view or use a keyboard shortcut it piles up selected lights until I control click somewhere on the background.
    After making a change to a scene in editor mode or adding a scene to the live page, the live screen needs saved or it will unload a scene from buttons two. Today I had to also get rid of the above problem (Ctrl Click Background to not have channels stuck selected) to prevent the second page of buttons from unloading.
Attachments
Lothiam.zip
(289.9 KiB) Downloaded 687 times
Lothiam

Return to General software