keyboard triggering - can we use more than a-z & A-Z ?

the first tab of Live, with pages and buttons

keyboard triggering - can we use more than a-z & A-Z ?

Postby ssk » 27 April 2011, 05:55

I wonder that onli a-z and A-Z keys can be assigned to trigger a live buttons. Is it really impossible to share all keyboard keys? Although only these: 1-0, F1-F12.
ssk

Re: keyboard triggering

Postby support » 27 April 2011, 07:35

This is not possible for two reasons:
- we keep some keys free for future improvements
- it is not allowed to use F keys for that, under MacOS
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Re: keyboard triggering - can we use more than a-z & A-Z ?

Postby ssk » 27 April 2011, 11:23

Ok, maybe only 1-0 keys?
ssk

Postby support » 27 April 2011, 12:33

Because F keys are not free for all OS, we have to keep keys 0 to 9 free for future improvements.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby Sound Storms Ent. » 14 August 2011, 14:53

I posted further up the page about this. I do live pro sound concerts where I flash parcan colors constant all night. using 1-0 on the number pad would make like a million times easier! Please consider the request to use these buttons for macros. I hope is to use 0-1 and buy a cheap $9.00 keyboard that I can paint the number pad the correspond color!
Storm
Sound Storms Entertainment
www.SoundStormsDJ.com
Sound Storms Ent.

Postby Arjan » 19 August 2011, 14:44

Sound Storms Ent. wrote:I posted further up the page about this. I do live pro sound concerts where I flash parcan colors constant all night. using 1-0 on the number pad would make like a million times easier! Please consider the request to use these buttons for macros. I hope is to use 0-1 and buy a cheap $9.00 keyboard that I can paint the number pad the correspond color!

Although it's a bit more expensive have you considered using something like the Novation Launchpad? Or perhaps a Korg padKONTROL (a bit more expensive) or a Korg nanoPAD or Korg nanoPAD2?

Those look like cool little devices. The Korg Nano's are downright cute, wish I had a use for them. I feel G.A.S. coming up :D .

Alternatively, have you considered getting a touch-sensitive display (or a Windows or Mac OS-X notebook with touch-sensitive display or even a tablet) or so you can simply press those buttons on screen? Depends on how often and how hard you pound those keys whether that's a viable option.
Arjan

Postby Sound Storms Ent. » 19 August 2011, 19:03

I have not seen the units you are talking about I will look shortly. I curently have two touch screens I use but it is faster and easier to do the led color flashes by keyboard macro the way we end up having to do it. I use the touch screens for mover sceens and effects like fog and so forth like that.

The number pad would make it SOOOOO much easier since I could put 9 colors and blackout all on one hand.
Storm
Sound Storms Entertainment
www.SoundStormsDJ.com
Sound Storms Ent.

Return to Buttons