xfactor disconecting [fixed]

usb to dmx (2003 - 2010)

xfactor disconecting [fixed]

Postby MediaDirector » 15 December 2010, 14:51

Upon installing new version 6.25 on computer and programming lights for several days, I ran the show in timeline and the interface turned off all lights while the timeline kept playing the audio. When I looked at the interface the stand Alone light was on. Had to shut down the control panel, as it was no longer responding and restart. Worked fine for another 20 min. and then done the same thing. Installed software on a different computer and got the same result. Is this an interface problem or could it be a driver issue? Please help! I have a show friday, saturday, and sunday with no backup plan.
MediaDirector

Re: xfactor disconecting

Postby support » 16 December 2010, 08:03

Please run again software + interface, without any dmx line connected to the dmx output & input of the interface, and let us know if same problem happen.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby HarvestChurch » 19 December 2010, 17:14

The same issue is happening to me. We have a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit, running ShowXpress 6.25 with BOX driver 1.04 and sometimes we can run fine for a few hours then randomly the X-Factor will go into standalone mode and the Control Board application locks and I have to kill the exe. I then downloaded the latest fix_for_windows.zip and replaced the Controlboard.exe file and the issue still exists, but it is hard to track down as I can't reproduce the issue at will.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
HarvestChurch

Postby support » 19 December 2010, 23:48

Please run again software + interface, without any dmx line connected to the dmx output & input of the interface, and let us know if same problem happen.
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby MediaDirector » 20 December 2010, 20:27

I have reinstalled on 2 occassions and still have the same result. It's not at all the same everytime, It just happens at a random time. I have went through several shows and not had an issue, but there have also been times that it shuts down more that once in one show. Can't put my finger on what is happening, don't know if maybe the interface is disconnecting or if the software is just locking up.
MediaDirector

Postby support » 20 December 2010, 21:33

This sounds like a "ground loop" problem: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=468 .
The Lighting Controller
support
Administrateur

Postby MediaDirector » 05 January 2011, 23:00

Ground loop may have been the problem here. I installed an optoisolator and the problem has gone away! Thanks for your help!
MediaDirector

Return to Box