Fixture and Object settings not displaying.

graphic representation in 3 dimensions

Fixture and Object settings not displaying.

Postby ray-j-17 » 19 January 2017, 22:51

I have been getting a display done in the 3D view of showXPress and have just gotten around to actually programming in some animations. unfortunately some of the lights were out of line so I attempted to re-align them with some objects and the fixtures settings page would not show. I tried with the objects page and got the same results.
if its of any interest, I have been doing a lot of editing work in the .ini files themselves as it turned out to be quicker than doing it in the software, I actually ended up designing my own software in python to help me quickly do things like flipping objects and other such things to save me having to do the calculations myself. I know for a fact that I have not damaged the ini files as I have triple checked the layouts and details and there is nothing wrong... it has been working for a good few days without issue right up until I changed the orientations of some fixtures by hand in the ini files and now it has stopped working.
I'm going to try reverting the changes I made and see if that makes a difference, but I wondered if anyone here had had a similar problem.

any help is greatly appreciated.
ray-j-17

Return to 3DView